I’ve had quite a busy week (finals around the corner!), but if everything worked out well, the semester is almost over. The worst is behind me and I am more than ready for a holiday.
I thought it was time to tell you 20 random facts about me to get to know me a bit better. I love reading random facts about other people, as it is an easy way to find out something new about them.
Let’s get started 😉
- Over the past 6 years I moved 7 times. I even moved from Austria to Switzerland twice. My parents helped me every time and I think we are now moving experts.
I hope I will not move anytime soon, I would be too scared to tell them. 🙂
- Palm trees and young coconuts cause instant happiness.
- I can only sleep with earplugs and when it is pitch dark. No matter if I’m in the plane or alone in the most silent room ever.
- Sarcasm is my second language.
- My favorite destination is Asia. Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, China, I can’t decide which is my favorite.
- Even though I feel like I’m a super health conscious person, my secret (
or not so secret?) weakness is Red Bull Sugarfree. Iced cold. I know…
- I love rooftop bars and skylines.
- Once I had the crazy idea of making an around-the-world-trip in 2 weeks. Within five days, I set foot on four different continents. After that vacation I had a serious travel, airplane and aviation crisis (from which I recovered, luckily).
- I was working as a cabin crew for 5 years. At the moment I fly on a freelance contract. When not flying you’ll find me at the university.
- I tend to be super clumsy. I drop or spill something almost on a daily basis.
- A few years ago I started collecting Starbucks City Mugs when on a layover or vacation. It turned out to be a rather expensive and time-consuming hobby, since it sometimes takes me hours to find a Starbucks that has them in stock. My collection has grown to more than 40 mugs now.
- I prefer summer over winter. Just can’t stand the cold.
- I try to avoid animal products as much as possible and therefore consider myself as 95% vegan.
- My friends think I’m crazy, but I always (!) use sun protection to protect my face, both in summer and winter. At least SPF 30, usually more.
- Chia, matcha, goji, acai and hemp are my best friends in the kitchen.
- I am the biggest hypochondriac ever. Whenever I have a major (or no real) health issue, I’m afraid of having a severe disease and that I will die any time soon.
- I. just. don’t. like. coffee.
- I was born and raised in Salzburg and I have so much love for this city. Whenever I see pictures of Salzburg, I get nostalgic.
- Most of the time I bring a lunch box with me, since it’s not always easy to find something vegan and healthy. University, excursions, trains, planes, etc… I always bring something to eat. It’s not only budget-friendly, I also know exactly what I’m eating and make sure to reduce the consumption of processed food to a minimum.
- My next destination is….JORDAN! I am super excited, since Petra in Jordan has been on my travel bucket list for quite some time. So, if you’ve been there and have some last-minute tips for me, feel free to share. 🙂 I’m busy getting everything organized and packing my bags (hand-luggage only, as we are 4 people sharing a car to explore as much as possible!). Stay tuned for more.